"The final product was absolutely amazing and everyone keeps telling us how happy they are with the project. Thank you for all your hardwork, flexibility and creative passion. You folks are great at what you do and you made this experience a pleasure." Dan Zelikman, Honolulu Civil Beat
"I am a big fan of Micro-documentaries. While I would have a hard time explaining what makes a video look high quality or appear fresh, poignant and hip, I know that Micro-documentaries delivers these things every time. I have had them produce very different videos on a variety of topics, and every video has exceeded expectations. They know their craft better than any film makers that I’ve worked with." Sid Espinosa, Director of Citizenship, Microsoft
Common challenges with video production
After speaking with dozens of business and nonprofit leaders about their experience with video production, 5 main issues came up over and over again.
1. Quality:How can I produce a video of great quality? This is the first thing that always comes up - videos have to look good. They need to be professional and authentic and represent our clients appropriately. But where to find the team that can deliver?
2. Price:Where do I find someone who can work within my budget? Commercial production is very expensive. Running in the tens of thousands of dollars per minute produced - often taking months. Our clients are looking for alternatives to deliver greater impact within their budget and their timeline.
3. Hassle:Why does it have to be such a hassle to manage a production? People are busy. They have no time to deal with the endless interruptions of script reviews and storyboards, schedules and scouting. Organizations we work with are looking for simplicity, a streamlined process, and a partner who can take care of the details.
4. Distribution: What do I do with my videos once I have them? With all the effort that goes into production, what's the best way of getting the videos out into the world and ensure that the greatest audience sees them?
5. Results:How do I measure results? How do we know if the audience is responding? Is their inspiration translating into action?
At Micro-Documentaries, we are most grateful for this insight, as these challenges have provided us with a loud and clear blueprint for our opportunity and our offering.